Old 07-29-21, 09:28 AM
KPREN

Bikes: 2008 S Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon, 2016 E Fat Titanium Bike Custom built by me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
In pure human cycling terms 4W/kg is a pretty strong rider at their threshold. 1.8W/kg would be a novice rider close to their threshold or a strong rider in cruise mode. I agree that steep grades would be extremely slow at 1.8W/kg.
Yes Pete but remember its' a fat bike and I was averaging 2.9 Watts per mile at 20 mph much of the time. You would gladly put me down at the 1.8 watts max without my trailer or 1.28 watts max with my trailer. Remember you have to be spinning at near max rpm to get those max watts. No matter how you cut it, 750 watts is not ridiculous for my bike in comparison to your bike and what you do with it.. You would still out accelerate me and outclimb me at your 250 watts. I have a very high rolling resistance and wind resistance and prefer dirt, gravel, sand and snow. Now you add in the fact that I am 66 years old not 36 and you begin to get the picture of why I resist your blanket 250 watt statements for everywhere in the world. That 750 watt capacity doesn't just magically disappear, any more than excess power does with an automobile, when I am on a paved bike path at 13-15 mph using 75 watts (100 watts battery power). and seeing 7 watt hours per mile.