View Single Post
Old 08-03-21, 10:21 AM
Riveting

Bikes: '13 Diamondback Hybrid Commuter, '17 Spec Roubaix Di2, '17 Spec Camber 29'er, '19 CDale Topstone Gravel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked 445 Times in 260 Posts
My setup (seamless and effortless if you like viewing your ride details in Strava):

Garmin >> Bluetooth >> Phone >> GarminConnect App >> Garmin Connect uploads data to Garmin Website >> Garmin website uploads data to Strava website

The Garmin allows you to fully customize what data fields are displayed on the screen, I believe I have 10 fields showing (3 or 4 of them are power meter related)

The Garmin allows you to connect to peripherals like a cadence sensor, heart rate monitor, power meter, or Di2 telemetry quite easily. I don't think the Strava app allows for that anymore.

The Strava app is never used for recording on the phone (except in rare cases where I forget to charge the Garmin), and in those cases the phone is in the right rear jersey pocket, where it always is, whether it's recording or not.

Upon ending the ride recording on the Garmin, the data transfer from the Garmin computer all the way to the Strava website is completely effortless and silent in the background. Why do it any other way, unless you wanted to save money by not buying a Garmin?

Last edited by Riveting; 08-03-21 at 10:34 AM.
Likes For Riveting: