View Single Post
Old 08-09-21, 08:52 AM
Broctoon
Super-duper Genius

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 984 Times in 508 Posts
Congrats on the nice frame! What color did you get?

If you already have a Sugino 75 crank, I would not trade down to an Andel. The Andel is decent, but it's not as nice as yours. You don't need to spend the big bucks for a Sugino bottom bracket. Just be sure to get one with 109mm spindle and ISO taper. This is important. Unfortunately, ISO ones are less common than JIS, so you might have to do a little searching. [Edit... Just noticed Tejano posted a link to one] Unlike most other Japanese cranks, the Sugino requires ISO. Even though it's from Japan, it has an Italian sounding name and the same taper as most Italian cranks.

I believe your bike uses a standard 1-1/8" external cup threadless headset. There are tons of good options available. It's not one of the newfangled zero stack/integrated standards, so don't let the information about those confuse you. If you're new to assembling a bike, this would be a good thing for you to get help with, from a bike shop or co-op. Chris King headsets are top quality and very popular. I personally don't care for them because they're very expensive, and they say KING all over them--I like a more subtle appearance. You should get what appeals to YOU. Phil Wood makes one that's just as pricey and also top quality, but with a very elegant appearance. There are less expensive models from Cane Creek and others that are nearly as good--this is what I would go with if it were my bike and my money.

Last edited by Broctoon; 08-09-21 at 10:04 PM.