Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
well that’s depressing. Looks like either wilier won’t be available until may next year. I have one bike shop hunting down a frame for me but with them building it, it’s going to exceed the cost. They offered sram red axs and enve wheels for 5 percent off but I think that will bring it to 10,000 or more. Wilier USA advertises di 2 for 9,000, however if I could get it with sram force it would be 8,000. I even am now leaning towards the zero SL. With sram or chorus it would be 7,000 which would leave money over for a computer, power meter and trainer. Unfortunately I can’t find one anywhere.

Not that I need to rush, but getting permission from the wife one has to act before she changes her mind.

Allied echo interest me a lot, just doesn’t have the aero I was hoping for, but maybe that’s not as important? Thoughts?
I find aero on a road bike to be overrated in most situations. Having a bike you can actually ride is, well, very importnte.

Especially these days, if you like bike you can actually get now, I'd get it now. Waiting might mean no bike.
Likes For Bah Humbug: