View Single Post
Old 10-08-21, 09:00 AM
Rolla

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 3,270 Times in 1,439 Posts
Originally Posted by TugaDude
As an aside, threads like this are very interesting to me. There seems to be a restlessness among people, always convinced there must be a better way. They search high and low to create something "perfect" whether it exists or not. And when they think they've found it, something "new" comes along that rocks their world and they begin to question whether that new "something" might make things even more perfect.

I'm not judging anyone here, I'm as guilty as any. But I'm coming to appreciate what I call "perfect enough". I try to not be lured into trying things in an attempt to create a perfect scenario. I try to resist the recommendations of reviewers who laud all of the new gimmicks. Just buy these bars and your hand pain vanishes! Use this stem and vibration is a thing of the past. And on and on it goes.

Marketers are expert at separating us from our money. Of that I am sure.
I think having a healthy amount of skepticism towards "miracle cures" is probably wise, but to reject new ideas or improvements out of hand by assuming it's all gimmickry seems a little reactionary. I know that I've benefited from experimenting with non-traditional bar shapes.