Flatballer
No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
My company has been going through a giant re-org. About 6 months ago, I was pulled from my regular position to work on a new team in a new interim role. I was led to believe I was going to be up for a bit promotion. Found out this week that it looks like I am eligible to keep the job I was hired to do and I get to interview for the position I've been doing the past 6 months, which I guess is technically a minor promotion? And I should not be expecting any pay raises any time soon (and by soon I mean 12-24 months).

Not sure what my employer was trying to accomplish with their re-org plan, but everyone I know is now very unhappy and pretty much everyone is looking for a new job elsewhere.

In other news, I've ordered a mountain bike. A YT Izzo. TMonk's suggestion of the Ibis Ripley, I learned, was 100% correct. That was what I wanted to go with, but given availability, who knows when one would be available. YT said they could get me one is 6 months.
Always a good marker of a successful re-org if literally everything outside of the C-Suite is pissed off.

With inflation and the job market the way it is, no raises for 12-24 months, is a death sentence for a business. That's crazy.