Old 10-21-21, 12:26 PM
aclinjury

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by RChung
That's a good and important question.

There are two ways to get faster: more power or less drag. I'm now at a stage of my life where my power is way down from my peak -- but I'm only a tiny bit down from my peak speeds. All this crazy stuff I do with power data? I have to do it or else I'd be even slower than I am.
I've always appreciated your tehnical discussions through the years on this and other forums. And I didn't mean to diminish your contribution value in anyway (if I came across like so).
Like you, i'm at a stage where I'm not as concerned with power numbers, doesn't mean I'm totally disinterested in them. But I feel like for the weekenders, there has to be a balanced perspective on the pursuit of their training goals (but this is only my personal value judgement).

I often wonder about this. Toward the end of many of my 10min or 20min intervals, I will find myself pedaling in squares, or shifting my butt as I try to finish the intervals. This is when the force going into the pedal change (based on my square pedaling). This probably affect muscle recruitment. This is one scenario that I wish to have good measurements and insight into how my pedaling techniques as I fatigue may or may not affect muscle recruitment.

Last edited by aclinjury; 10-21-21 at 01:50 PM.