View Single Post
Old 10-27-21, 07:29 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Liked 1,127 Times in 748 Posts
The gold metal flake is seriously awesome !

My first impulse would be to say that its not a true track bike, but a fixed gear trainer. (brakes, QR front wheel, clincher tires, doesnt look like a 144 bcd crankset ) - however, i suppose someone could've drilled the fork crown and rear brake bridge at some point in this machine's history to do that -- likely an export bike despite the NJS markings , as Japanese track guys' are usually pretty short and compact

I have seen those rudimentary brake levers used on Japanese trainers before in photos. For max value, id remove the brake setup and photograph it without it and ask $600 with the caveat that it is drilled for brakes, but it goes without saying that to get max value, it would need to be cleaned up and with the bearings serviced ideally, some new tires and raise the saddle about 3-4 inches (after tucking the loose vinyl back up with some adhesive -- its a Matsuri logo saddle so may be worth keeping it with the bike

Between a bike designed for someone 6'3 to 6'5 may limit the audience for it a bit, but then again , some tall dude may be out there looking for something similar and say "Eureka! I found one ! "