Old 10-30-21, 11:03 AM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3133 Post(s)
Liked 2,115 Times in 1,378 Posts
I'm not that gentle of a rider, so I want to carry my laptop on my back and not the chassis.

My work laptop is a real tank, a Dell Precision 7520 "mobile workstation." Six pounds and more than an inch thick. I carry it in a Jansport laptop backpack donated by my wife when she downsized. A modern looking bag, not the iconic Jansport book bag format. Looking online I think it's an Odyssey, or Agave, a few years back. But it barely fits the giant laptop.

I have two other bags intended for carrying it overnight, and both are backpacks, but they are big awkward things to be carrying on a bike. One came with the laptop from IT, and it's goofy, pockets on pockets on pockets. The other is a really nice North Face suitcase style my wife got me but the big Dell wouldn't even fit in the laptop sleeve.

My employer was doing upgrades last year. I anticipated getting a new smaller laptop this year and still look forward to it. But it's on hold due to M&A. No one wants to buy anything new until the dust settles. They are barely tolerating requests for computers for new hires and interns.
Genesis 49:16-17