View Single Post
Old 11-05-21, 06:05 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked 305 Times in 217 Posts
Depends on where you are starting from in Millersville area.

I used to ride more in that area years ago - from Millersville Elementary School there is actually a paved trail (South Shore Trail) east to Waterbury to Millersville Rd.

From there you have to get around the Severn River and the only choice is Generals Highway which isn't great for biking but not that bad. Just a few miles on that and you can cut over to Bennefield Road and several options to get to the B&A trail, like at Earleigh Heights road where there is lots of parking, facilities.

So, maybe total roundtrip of 4 miles or so that isn't fun, the rest is fine.

If you are starting west of Rt. 3, getting to this route means riding on 175 which I haven't done in years but it had decent shoulders - not sure anymore. There might be other ways from that side of Millersville but there is a big nature reserve that gets in your way north of there.

Originally Posted by Thomas15
OK I want to ask you about this trail. I have a sister that lives in Millersville of which I haven't see in 20 years. Long story. Anyway, I have been looking for a reason to stop in and say Hi so was considering using a ride on the B&A as the excuse. Assuming I ride out and back I guess that would be about 25 miles is this a pleasant ride or a horror story? May I have your thoughts please? It would be a next summer timeframe.