Flatballer
No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
My son was hooked on Rocket League to the point where it was affecting his grades, so we had to have a come to Jesus talk about his gaming.
Glad you were paying attention enough. Games can be incredibly addicting, but also very rewarding.

I skipped school so often to play Diablo 2 in high school that I got some bad grades my last couple years, and couldn't do certain stuff because I missed too many classes.

I haven't played an MMORPG since, because I know I get addicted to them. Rocket League isn't quite as bad for me personally, but it is still really addictive, both gameplay and the feeling of improving. There's no game quite like it, it's a really interesting study. The skill floor is relatively high (this turns people off when they can't even drive straight and hit the ball at all) but the skill ceiling is probably higher than any other game, and continually getting pushed higher. The physics based, you have to make the car do exactly what you want, exactly when you want it, you're not pressing a button to shoot or pass, if you miss it's because of you, not RNG or the "skill rating" of your player. But yet it still has all the strategy and team play and stuff.