Old 11-09-21, 08:39 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Liked 6,203 Times in 2,002 Posts
Well, having just gotten done with "testing out" all my existing bikes and with the fact that I let another 20 go in the past year. I can say without a doubt it's the first Giordana XL Super I got.

Every ride on this is like being in bed with the perfect lover, everything is just right!

It's not my best bike in any category and yet it is! There is just something magical that happens each and every ride on this. It's like nothing else I have ridden and not something I can truly explain. Heck I love this one so much I sought out another exact version of this frame and built that one up with "superior" parts. I thought about upgrading this one but didn't want to risk losing the feeling it gives me on the road. So the new one is 2 lbs lighter with SR/Record parts, carbon tubulars, etc and yet on the road it just another great riding bike that falls short of the experience offered by the original one.

I've let go a De Rosa, Basso Gap, Colnago Super, Ciocc, among others that just fell short of this Billato built beauty.

it must have been sprinkled with pixie dust by the bike fairies when it was made. No other way to explain it!