View Single Post
Old 11-18-21, 04:55 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Liked 3,695 Times in 1,946 Posts
Originally Posted by rydabent
Why would you assume that I dont have "the faintest clue" about what is on new bikes? I didnt get to be my age by being stupid.
Mr. Rydabent ..... I have said many times that as old as you are, with as much riding experience, you Should have a clue abut the value of the newer stuff .... but you continue making posts either revealing or pretending that you are simply not wise enough to understand that value.

And we all know that a lot of people get old by being lucky with genetics or health insurance ... there are plenty of old people out there without a lick of wisdom and a bunch who haven't learned anything since high school ... when there were only 48 states. We have all met them .... and you act like them.

Lots of stupid people get old and don't die ... we live in a society where we have muzzled Mr. Darwin, and people have to actually try quite hard to pay a price for even the grossest stupidity. We live in a society where (regardless of what we tell out children) education is not a big thing---most people stop learning in general once they leave public school or college, and don't use a fraction of what they have learned. A lot of them never question what they were taught, which is why we have arguments over Columbus and the causes of the Civil War.

On top of all that you either deliberately or due to age, mental infirmity, or stupidity, contradict yourself, make false statements, and pretend to be or actually are unable to grasp that radically different things are different, if it suits your rant to conflate them. Your lack of either self-respect or self-awareness is shocking.

Too many gears!!!! shouted the guy with 27 speeds on his recumbent .... regarding the guy with only 12 speeds on his gravel bike. That sums it up right there.
Likes For Maelochs: