Old 11-24-21, 07:52 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2347 Post(s)
Liked 5,285 Times in 1,844 Posts
Originally Posted by TugaDude
I'm a piker when it comes to taking a position on such things. Others here will be way more knowledgeable, but in my opinion, Suntour Superbe was a high-end groupset and used on racing bikes, many of which probably topped out at 26. There is another Superbe RD which can handle up to 34.

https://velobase.com/ViewComponent.a...=108&AbsPos=57

Personal experience says that most of the advertised "limits" or "max" figures are conservative and you can often exceed them, within reason.

I owned a beautiful set once. I had the FD, the RD and the Down tube shifters and they were like jewelry, just beautiful. One of the reasons I sold the group was because of the potential limitations. Some days I wish I had them back, but I got a good price for them due to condition.
Yeah, I'm sure this one will cover a much larger cog. I've run a 26 with the short cage one I have on the Opus.