Old 12-06-21, 06:58 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3508 Post(s)
Liked 1,492 Times in 1,165 Posts
The Carradice bag mentioned above by Rivers could be a good option, something like the Nelson Longflap or Camper. But, for those bags the height of your bag hanging points above the rear wheel is important to check first, as riders that are below average height can have difficulty getting the bags high enough for wheel clearance.

Another option might be one of the Racktime rack top bags. Those bags have a quick release mechanism to attach to a Racktime rear rack. They are less waterproof than the Ortlieb, but my Racktime bag (a semi-hard bag) includes a rain cover. That said, I would be inclined to put a laptop in another waterproof bag for those downpour days where you are stuck in a downpour. I think Racktime quality is good, they are part of the Tubus company but Racktime racks are aluminum where Tubus is steel or titanium.