Old 12-14-21, 10:56 PM
Gravel50

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Fit Question high end gravel bike - hands asleep

I need some advice. I got back into biking a few years ago. I really prefer packed gravel trails. I started with a Surly Straggler (still own and like) and have since graduated to a Lauf True grit (race) and just recently purchased a full custom built Salsa Beargrease (also owned a Ice cream truck and Mukluk). I love fat bikes. My main question and concern is when I ride my Lauf my hands always go to sleep and I suffer from elbow pain. I’ve been fit now by 2 different high end fitters and they have changed a lot of components and fit of The bike and still things go numb and I’m uncomfortable and ride in some pain. I thought maybe this was just the way it was until I got the Beargrease and can go for miles and miles and have zero discomfort. I feel great on this bike.

So my question is is it me or is the Lauf geometry just not made for me? Is there a better fitting (all carbon) bike that others would recommend that would maybe for closer to the Beargrease. I realize I’m comparing a gravel bike to a fat bike but I thought id ask. I wasn’t sure if maybe the Lauf geometry was to aggressive or want but I’d like to find a gravel bike as comfortable as my Salsa Beargrease. Thanks