Thread: bikesdirect.com
View Single Post
Old 12-29-21, 11:55 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked 1,693 Times in 1,087 Posts
I have had more than a few people come over to have thier bikes given a once over after purchasing from Bikes Direct. All were satisfied and got a fair deal. It would appear that no mater who you buy a bike from you are going to need it worked over. Often bike dealers do not make it a comfortable procedure. Smaller bike shops are so stressed with trying to make ends meet they find it hard to commit the time needed to tune a new bike up. It's all part of whats going on in the bicycle industry.

The last Bike Shop I was in was huge. It had everything there, shoes, clothing, computers, helmets, lights and assistants. There was also a fair lineup of brand new bicycles of varying types to consider ordering for future delivery. There was a small kiosk of common parts and tools. Everything was supported with a nice friendly staff sitting at desks to negotiate your purchase and financing. WOW... It was like a high end car dealership...

I was very uncomfortable. I guess I am more of a used car lot guy... and yes I am that shade tree mechanic...

Warranties? We don't need no stinking warranties... Ha

Anyway I do say, welcome to the forum, and looking forward to updates on your new bicycle and it's ride... Fun Fun FUN

Last edited by zandoval; 12-29-21 at 11:58 PM.
Likes For zandoval: