Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1326 Post(s)
Liked 1,307 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
I feel the temporary used market insanity of 5 year old bikes with 25k miles on them going for same as brand new msrp (of the year they originally sold) will be over also.

Especially if new prices plummet also (why buy a used bike within $100 of new?).

So, c'mon cross bike before the 2022 season!

I literally have seen lower spec 2015 Giant Propels going used for same as what I paid new in 2015 for mine. Bonkers.
You'd hope but it will still take a year or two for all this to start settling down. Even if everything was back in stock tomorrow it takes months to get out to all the end places in the stream.

The amount of rim brake wheels I have built in the last two years is staggering. Everyone wanting to keep their old gear running until there was enough supply to buy a new disc bike at non-highway robbery prices. I have a feeling all those people will eventually give up and pay highway robbery prices. Business 101 - don't give up the prices you just got out of the market. Used market should bounce this year though. Maybe late in the year though.