Old 01-11-22, 05:46 PM
Wyoguy

Bikes: Gravel, Mtn, Road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I've got old eyes too. I wear bifocal safety glasses that allow me to use the distant vision I still have and magnifiers for the close up stuff, like reading my Garmin or any other device less than an arms length away from me.

I have darkly tinted glasses for really bright sun, lightly tinted for not so bright days and clear for night time use. Though night time was when I sailed a lot and needed something to read the depth markings on the chart plotter. But I'd imagine they work great for bike riding at night.

Cheap enough to buy by the gross and you won't care if you drop them and run over them.

Otherwise, I'll be on the side of a device that mounts on your bars. GPS or non-GPS. When I'm riding, there are times I want to see a particular stat, and that many times isn't when it's the best moment to take a hand off the bars. Actually it's not the best of times to be wanting to focus on something mounted to the bars either. So I'm hoping that heads up displays get a little better and less expensive. My son has the discontinued Garmin Varia Vision and he uses it every time he rides. I wish that I too had gotten one when I had the opportunity.
Up till 50 I had better than normal eyes, the last 4 years has been bad for my near vision. I can still read the paper and computer without glasses so think a cyclo-computer on the bars should work at least for this summer. I got into shooting this last summer and do woodworking so have a ton of different bifocals looking to fix what time has broken. I have also tried stick on bifocals, will add those if I have trouble seeing the computer.

I realized my previous computer was a Polar s725. I would guess it is in storage and will be found as soon as i buy a replacement. It has all the features I am looking for except for the last century download technology.