Old 01-14-22, 01:55 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6332 Post(s)
Liked 4,927 Times in 3,390 Posts
If you had to use levers to put the tire back on it's very possible that you damaged the tube with them. I know it seems impossible, but so far I've never had a tire and rim combo that I couldn't get on without levers. Though even then if you aren't careful the tube will get caught between the tire and edge of the rim as you roll the bead over the rim. And with all my 700C wheels and tires I haven't even used a lever to remove them in the last 3 or 4 years except for times when on the road and had sweaty hands that won't allow me to get a grip on the sidewall.

All I can really tell you is that you need to pay more attention and look closely at everything you do till you figure it out.

It also helps when you realize that only the bead of the side you are putting on needs to be in the spoke channel to allow you to slip the entire thing on the rim without levers or cussing. So don't pinch the opposite side of the tire together to try and move it in the channel. Push the side you are installing into the channel and while doing so push the other side out of the channel.

When the bead won't go over the rim any more, then go back several times from where you started and again push the bead into the channel. If you start to get frustrated, go have a cup'a or a pint then come back after you are less stressed.

Last edited by Iride01; 01-14-22 at 01:59 PM.
Likes For Iride01: