Old 01-18-22, 08:15 AM
cherokeeronin

Bikes: SGM Charles Jerry 26er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Any ideas for a Mullet Drivetrain?

Personally I'm planning to make a build with 50-34 in the front, and 11-40 or 11-42 in the rear thats why I need to work with an MTB RD to be able to accomldate a bigger sprocket in the back

So I have selected candidates for a Mullet drivetrain with a 2x in the front, 9, 10 or even 11 in the Rear, those are:

1st > 9speed STIs with 9speed MTB RD and Road FD - pretty straight forward, easier build but I think I would need a 10 speed, that would ideally be the sweet spot. 9 speed jn the back with 11-40/42 might be too much of a gap with the 34 smallest in the front

2nd > Shensah SRX STI, Deore M6100 RD, Sora/Claris FD - this build is from a new bike model I saw, Pinewood Gravel 2.0 if I'm not mistaken if you guys want to check that out. However for me, going for an 11 speed might be too much gears for me that I might not even use

3rd > MicroNew/Shift 2x10 STI, Alivio SGS RD, Sora/Claris FD - this build would be ideal, HOWEVER, the main drawback for me with these shifters is the weight, and the external cabling look.

For a substitute STI on the 3rd build, assuming that this 10 speed rear has the same pull ratio with either Shensah Quanttum and Shimano Tiagra 4700.

The real question for me here is, if the said Quantum and Tiagra 4700, would be compatible to use with the Alivio RD.

Does anyone have an experience with Mixing Tiagra 4700 with an Alivio RD, or at least any MTB RD? Or anything similar?