Old 01-19-22, 12:48 AM
cherokeeronin

Bikes: SGM Charles Jerry 26er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dwmckee
Some of your options go down a maze of potential incompatibilities that may not perform very well. What are you trying to accomplish as far as low/high gear inches, gear spacing and cost? If we understand what you are trying to accomplish, we may be better able to suggest options. The new GRX components are great options with all standard and compatible components.
Ive seen both 1st and 2nd options that Ive mentioned work. Problem is that for the 9speed jumps might be too big for me. for the 11speed I might not be able to use other gears. For the 3rd option of 10speed, some guy made it work but Im not sure if it would fit with Tiagra 4700 or Shensah Quantum. Thankfully one guy replied to me also that newer Tiagra 4700 is new gen therefore would not fit the pull ratio of older MTB RDs

For the cost, ideally lets say I go with the 2nd option of SRX Shifters, Deore m6100 RD, Sora FD, and components wise everything else (chain, cassette, bottom bracker, crankset, chainrings) its almost lets 310 USD. Thats pretty much the baseline or limit for me. Give or take another 50USD if prices vary by the time I buy them.

Gearing ratios, I would like to switch to a 50-34T since I am opting for speed and around my area and my usual routes are flats. In the rear ideally an 11-40 or 11-42T, this would help me with the climbs in the Mountains nearby (I rarely go climbs but just in case if I have to, I would want to have that big sprocket in the rear just to be safe). Im currently using a 3x7 42-32-22 in the front and 14-34T(you guys usually see this as the Shimano mega range sprocket) in the back, with that current setup the maximum speed I attain is just 23kmh, Im pretty much high cadence with that one already (dont ask me the cadence I dont have a bike computer). Do I use the 22front - 34 rear in climbing the mountains? Yeah I do actually. Since if I plan on making 34T the smallest in the front, it would give me peace of mind if at least I have a 42T biggest in the back.