View Single Post
Old 02-02-22, 01:21 PM
Ryan_M

Bikes: Some

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked 126 Times in 71 Posts
Thanks everyone for the input! Got a quick question before I move forward... I got my stuff and am starting the build (whole new bike). I got the orange seal but am trying strapping tape. Yeah I know. I'd read others have used it and it worked out fine and it's $0.12/m instead of close to $3/m (CDN) so if it works, great!, if it doesn't at least I have some experience.

So I taped the rim and mounted the valve stem (muc off), as tight as I could go with my fingers. I mounted the tire which wasn't so bad compared to some of the horror stories I've read, I only needed a bit of help from a tire lever. I pumped up the tire with a floor pump but I didn't hear any pops from it seating like in every single video I've watched. It appears to be seated where it should be though. I deflated the tire and it stayed put, visually it didn't even look like it lost air. I pumped it up again to 70psi and after about 90 minutes the pressure dropped to 50psi so there is a small leak. I haven't added any sealant yet but I'm hopeful that will take care of it? Or should it be holding air longer than that on it's own? Just want to make sure all is as it should be before I move forward. Anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks!