View Single Post
Old 02-03-22, 08:30 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
I did not mention the Fenix BC30. I own V1 and have some reservations on it. The V2 uses different emitters and has an bluetooth button to change power levels. The battery compartment was also redesigned.

The BC30 V1 has a broad almost floodlight swath of light, which is very nice off road. The low power at 200 lumens did not have enough throw for me whereas the 500 lumens burned too much battery life. However, the tint and warmness of the light suited my eye. It is a solid chunk of aluminum with a solid clamp. It works well on a handle bar but is a bit chunky to mount by the fork race, my preferred location. V2 uses a more efficient emitter. Low is still stated as 200 lumens (probably more like 250) and medium is 600 lumens and the reported throw is substantial. The V1 battery case was hard to open and close. Supposedly, V2 is much easier. With 3400 Panasonic 18650 batteries, V2 should run 7-7.5 hours on medium and 20 hours on low. At 90 bucks, it is worth considering.

At the other end of the price/quality rapport is the SuperNova M99 MiniPro B54. It allegedly can melt ice. The lamp and remote are available separate from the battery. Unfortunately, I have not been able to determine whether they sell spare batteries. One very nice feature of this light is a high and low beam. The high beam does not use the cutoff and this is useful on sharp turns where you lose the light on the inside when leaning. Battery charge time is short. If my calculations are correct, a 1200k would only require one spare battery. Oh. Wicked expensive. If my evaluation is correct, it is the top dog for dipped battery lights. Another nice.....iphone AP integration and 2 H reserve battery if you mess up. I want one.....but need to see the light before spending that kind of coin. I'd like to know what emitter it uses, too.

https://supernova-lights.com/m99-mini-pro-b54/
Likes For GhostRider62: