Old 02-06-22, 09:53 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4475 Post(s)
Liked 4,144 Times in 2,772 Posts
No they are not moot because I am not coming from a legal definition, I am talking about the difference between an actual bicycle and something that has pedals but you use a throttle which is what you have.

Nostradamus??? I thought he had died in 1566 damn I guess I should give you a pass for all of this I don't know anyone who has lived to 518 years old and you are still getting out there. Good for you. I wish I could see the future and predict everyone's actions that would be super handy. Would make dating easier and eating at certain restaurants (no more food poisoning or poor service for me). I don't really know anyone alive who can really predict someones actions like that while screaming towards them on shared path but if anyone could it would be you Mr. Nostradamus.

Ok more modern brakes but still not really that great at stopping a very fast moving motorcycle. You really don't see many motorcycles that aren't using hydraulic disc brakes. Plus you are missing pads and shoes at the rear. Yes the front has most of your stopping power but on something that is heavy and fast, a single caliper brake just doesn't cut it and even with two I would still not be satisfied but hey I like to be in control. Especially when I am riding around anyone else or riding somewhere where my negligence could cause issues for beyond just myself.

Also it is a shared path again not your path, you should ride on it as such. If you wish to go real fast it looked like there was an actual road right next to it perfect for motorized vehicles such as yours. If I were going throttled though I think I would go for something like a Triumph Scrambler or some fun vintage HD or Indian motorcycle.