Old 02-08-22, 09:43 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4471 Post(s)
Liked 4,141 Times in 2,769 Posts
You had to slow down rather quickly because of the stuff you claim you predict. Not really super safe but ok.

I am really curious how the motor vehicle you don't pedal and that goes 62kph and is "overvolted" is somehow not a moped? Would you prefer I call it a scooter? Yes it is not a gas powered moped but a rose by any other name is still a rose.

"If you want to assume my behavior based on a video title..." What do you expect here do you really think with a title like that you are some hero of the bike path? I love you are just grasping desperate trying to claim you are OK somehow going fast and "overvolting" your bike on a multi use path path. A sensible person would have said "yeah maybe I shouldn't do a speed run on the path I should have done that on the road with other fast motorized vehicles". I get it maybe the NZ government isn't actively out after you but it is still not a reason to go fast on a path used by pedestrians and cyclists. If it were a motorcycle route or you were on the street, sure go fast go wild put on your Hell's Angels jersey and play Steppenwolf but it is a multi use path and while yes you did slow down enough to weave through them you might be distracted or something like that incident could happen again even less predictably and your attitude throughout this has shown you don't care. Again you are just trying to claim well in that few seconds during the video I was the "great grand hero of the revolution" - John Mallory (from the film Duck...You Sucker aka Fistful of Dynamite aka Once Upon A Time...The Revolution) but the title and your attitude is not one of hey maybe I should be more careful it is I overvolted my bike and it goes fast and I am OK because I slowed down that one time.

If you got what I was saying again you would just say "hey yeah maybe I should be more careful" that is what a sensible person would do. Because something isn't explicitly illegal or posted doesn't mean you should do it.