Old 03-06-22, 07:34 PM
EventServices
Announcer

Bikes: More than I need, really.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 13 Posts
Thanks for playing along. This is pretty much what I was looking for. No wrong answers.

I don't think I can publicize my podcast without sounding like a shill, so if you want to know what it is, ask me offline.

Originally Posted by datlas
Ride or race are two very different scenarios. What are you really looking for??
Pretty much what I got here. Just a sampling of various ideas. Nothing too super specific.

Originally Posted by Bob Ross
I'm looking just past the ears of the rider in front of me, doing my best to see through them [sic] as if they're invisible so that I can see what's happening two or three or more riders ahead....
Some people, when they turn their head, you can see though their ears because there's nothing blocking your view.

Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
I stare directly at their back wheel the entire time
No, you don't. C'mon now.

Originally Posted by bruce19
I look up the road while keeping my focus also on the rider in front of me. I don't know exactly how to describe that but you can watch the lead bike while still seeing what is immediately in front of you. I find this to be helpful since whatever that lead bike does is going to come down the line to you. At least you can anticipate. I also adjust my distance to the rider directly in front of me based on whether I think he/she is a "good wheel."
I get what you're saying. Enough of a buffer about the rider immediately in front of you. Watching the rest for advance warning.

Originally Posted by merlinextraligh
I look for who I want to yell at.
There are candidates on every ride.