Thread: 1UP racks
View Single Post
Old 03-09-22, 07:33 AM
kahn

Liked 690 Times in 396 Posts
Originally Posted by gpburdell
Seems like everyone is doing ramps now. The Kuat NV 2.0 has a ramp accessory available, as does 1UP. Definitely would help some folks in getting their 50-60# ebike up on the rack.

I can see how the tool-less adjustment could be handy for some people, though I wonder how many people really ever move the crossbar after initial setup. I'm sure some do, of course, and tool-less adjustment would be more convenient than carrying a box-end wrench. Still, the capability would be wasted on me since I've never moved the crossbars on my rack & addon, and moved one crossbar one time setting up my wife's rack for her bike.
I guess if someone rides different style bikes regularly and they have different geometry it could prove handy. I've got the Sherpa and while these other options appear really nice, I think the Sherpa will serve me since when I went to Costco recently, they had a Colgate coupon and I thought to myself, these 5 (or was it 6) tubes could last the rest of my life. As I jokingly added afterward, I think that I will outlive a few more rotisserie chickens!
Likes For kahn: