View Single Post
Old 04-09-22, 10:54 AM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4310 Post(s)
Liked 1,387 Times in 967 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
Really unfair characterizations man, I do have issues riding on dodgy equipment in mass rides and stay away from them when the issue is too bad. Sorry for trusting my horse with a little bit of a speed wobble, I was very aware of the issue.
I know how to fix a flat, and usually ride on 32mm tires that I can take off without tools, I can replace a tube on some bikes in less than two minutes. If I flat I start walking home, its happened number of times, its really not that big of a deal. People normally stop and offer a tube. It would have been nice to run into CAT7RDR the other day, I needed a spoke wrench and nobody I asked had one. bet he would have been happy to help
It's not unfair. It's accurate. And it's easy to correct.

You shouldn't be getting tubes from other people. Unless, it's like an emergency.

Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
One of The Rules is being self sufficient, but do you think it’s obnoxious for a rider to go without a saddlebag because they know that if they get a flat someone will be bound to have a spare tube on them? The only time this didn’t work is when I needed a crescent wrench and didn’t know some multitools have one.
Too many of your threads are like this.
  1. You know it's an issue.
  2. You ask whether it's an issue (after knowing it is)..
  3. People confirm it's an issue and then you whinge about it and want to "do your own thing" and say that they are all wrong while going on about how great a rider you are.
This nonsense might have been somewhat excusable at first but you show no growth/development.

Put more effort into joining the world of adults.

Last edited by njkayaker; 04-10-22 at 05:23 AM.
Likes For njkayaker: