View Single Post
Old 04-22-22, 12:17 PM
mtnbud

Bikes: 2019 Trek Stash 7, 1994 Specialized Epic 1986 Diamondback Ascent 1996 Klein Pulse Comp, 2006 Specialized Sequoia Elite

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked 524 Times in 291 Posts
Originally Posted by zacster
They came today and I installed them and took a quick ride. The grips have a really nice feel to them and fit my hands nicely. The bar inners gave me the position I use on my road bike. I measured and they are within a half inch of the spacing of the road hoods and the reach is also nearly the same. I was able to brake with my hands on the inners easily and my guess is hydraulic discs would be even easier. I'm using XT v-brakes with Deore long pull levers. They are a light touch but I'm sure could be lighter still. I also need to tighten the cables so it requires less pull. Using the Deore trigger shifters was easy on the inners in one direction, to higher gears, but needed to move my hands to go the other way. With my hands on the grips instead the inners do not get in the way of either braking or shifting. Overall I'm pretty happy with them, but it was only an hour or so on the bike. My panniers arrive tomorrow Thursday and I'm going to put those on with a light load and do a longer ride on Friday when the weather will be nice. I also have the fatter tires to try, maybe I'll do those next week. I don't want to make too many changes at once.
I was wondering if you could include a picture of your bars? I've been thinking about getting some inner bar ends after learning about them from your post.