Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4761 Post(s)
Liked 1,542 Times in 1,011 Posts
Originally Posted by TiHabanero
Tandems are a Pia to work on for sure. Takes two people to put on in a work stand, and the front wheel must be supported while in the stand, or have the front wheel on the ground. Not fun to work on when dialing in the drive train, and typically we had two people, one working the shifters the other spinning the pedals and making adjustments to the shift mechs.
Unfortunately the shop clamped the TT, but all is not lost and it can be repaired. Good to know that there are no perfect people in this world.
For drivetrain work, and not just for tandems, wouldn't any wheel-on trainer be about perfect -- clamping in to a steel axle/QR? One of my past gripes is that shifting adjustments are oft made with zero resistance when a bike is clamped up in the air. Having a drum roller against a wheel and seeing if the shifting is still just as good at 100-200 watts I think is helpful. Likewise, any or all of those complaints about clicking noises that only happen when pushing harder -- more easily addressed if LBS's had a trainer setup to work on?
Likes For Sy Reene: