Old 05-06-22, 09:19 AM
couldwheels
Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezen
Dylan Johnson does a good job. Check out the segment from 7:30 on...
And what @Tralhak said/noted, focusing on pedal technique (outside of focused training) is a diversion which prolly will reduce your success.
This kind of improvement - pedal/riding efficiency is what 'Training' is for and all about.
Ride On
Yuri
Do what you like, and what seems to work for you. Pedaling efficiency is about making the legs work together, as opposed to working counter to each other.
I just finished the Dylan video. Didn't watched it at first, but watched the GCN video instead. Both presenters gave opposing recommendations on the matter. Simon says "pulling" on the pedals while Dylan's scientific studies suggest it's better not to pull. Simon did acknowledge that only few Pros actually pull hard, most of them don't.

Otherwise, it's a positively very informative, quite useful video about pedaling. I have the same experience with every study he presented. I have adopted more than two different pedaling styles during my first year into cycling. But the one that worked best is the one that came naturally and required the least amount of thinking.