View Single Post
Old 05-08-22, 11:15 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by kedosto
lol. I knew you’d be back. You wanna start an internet slap-fight? Let me unpack this mess.

First, i won’t offer an interpretation of “the whole story was fabricated,” because i never said that. You quoted me out of context. I’ve been quoted out of context before. Usually it’s a paragraph out of an entire document or a sentence or two out of a paragraph. But you didn’t even bother to quote the complete sentence. I said “it’s entirely possible the whole story was fabricated.” (post#150, bold added for emphasis). Am i really gonna have to explain to you the difference context makes here? Seriously? I’ve been around here long enough and read enough of your posts to know you’re not that stupid. You’re not. Willfully ignorant? Kinda looks like it.

And speaking of ignorance, you’ve demonstrated a lack of understanding of the word. Ignorant is “lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing.” you’re also unclear on the definition of speculation too. Speculation is “forming a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.” i recommend you consult a dictionary for confirmation.

The op was an incomplete, one-sided anecdote about an exchange between two people on what i can only assume to be a road in italy. The op may have been the hero, may have been the villain, or the entire story may have been fabricated. I said that because it’s true. Such is the nature of a forum post whether here or any other forum. Given the post was incomplete, one- sided and an anecdote, combined with the three options (hero, villain, lie) it’s impossible for you, me or anyone else to make any fact based statements. Attempting to do so is, in fact and based on the definitions cited above, ignorant and speculative. But really, you and i both know that’s not why you’re agitated.

As i stated earlier, i never mentioned you. I never quoted you or challenged anything you posted. Yet you felt compelled to quote me (#129) over my quip about opinion police. I won’t go into this because frankly, your reaction to what is apparently an unbearable “insult” speaks far louder and clearer than anything i could provide. Suffice it to say that as of this post there have been ~182 posts and over 2780 views and yet you are the only one taking umbrage. That certainly raises an eyebrow, eh? For further edification i suggest a mirror and perhaps a bit of introspection. I offer the same to anyone who may have felt a twinge of guilt or burden on their conscience as a result of my “insult.” luckily, somewhere in the neighborhood of 2700+ people managed to read it and feel nothing.

I won’t address the last part of your post because it’s irrelevant. Your straw man over “denying things you obviously said,” when i never actually said them is a waste of time. Your attempt to explain or advance your argument has nothing to do with me. You are (again) ignorant, as you know nothing about my thoughts on the op because i have offered none. I’ll quote myself to protect the integrity of the context - “fact: I wasn’t there so i can’t comment. Anything i say about the incident would be ignorant speculation.”

and finally, if you’re gonna continue with this petty internet slap-fight, will you please at least do so with honesty? I’ve ignored the thinly veiled ad hominem bs (#161) and your out of context quote (#168), but if that’s gonna be your strategy, what’s the point? And no, i will not be blocking (ignoring) you out of spite. Nor will i be pm’ing you; everyone should be able to enjoy the quality content your posts provide. Now it’s a beautiful day here in the sf bay area so i’m going for a ride. I’ll be back in a few hours and we can take up wherever you leave us.

tl/dr