View Single Post
Old 05-11-22, 08:29 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel4
For every driver who yells at me, there's probably ten or way more motorists who pass me properly and without incidence. So I'm thinking, what's wrong with that ONE guy?

But I'd rather be yelled at knowing he sees me instead of being run over with an excuse to the cops that he "didn't even see" me.

TBH, I can do without either. My main problem with this is that there's no way that yelling out the window from a moving car can be done without the driver taking some attention off of the road ahead of him/her. Obviously, that's a distraction that makes it more likely that driver "won't see" someone or something.

But yeah, I'd rather be yelled at than hit, I just don't think that should be the menu. Pretty sure we're in total agreement on this. It really is a small minority of the drivers who do this, it's just that there's no way it's a safe practice and I'm dismayed to see "cyclists" advocating for it here.