View Single Post
Old 05-19-22, 07:29 PM
cyclist2000

Bikes: Masi, Giant TCR, Eisentraut (retired), Jamis Aurora Elite, Zullo, Cannondale, 84 & 93 Stumpjumpers, Waterford, Tern D8, Bianchi, Gunner Roadie, Serotta, Serotta Duette, was gifted a Diamond Back

Liked 2,038 Times in 604 Posts
Originally Posted by xiholdtruex
Working on getting a more comfortable saddle, tried riding the one that came with the bike now for a month and even with padded bike shorts it hurts after a few miles. tried using a cloud 9 comfort saddle and so fat im not liking it to much due to how big it is, it feels weird. any suggestion are welcome. was thinking of trying one of the brook b17 saddles
A couple of things about saddles

1) a little adjustment to the tilt may work wonders. When I first got on this forum, a poster saw photos of my bikes and stated that I should raise the nose of my saddle because it looked like it was pointed down. I tilted it up a few mm took it out for a ride and I couldn't go more that 6 miles (I was riding 20 miles per ride) , it was a device of torture. I returned it to the position that I had before and it the position that works for me. So you might try adjusting the tilt a mm here or there to see if it gets more comfortable.

2) Saddles are a very personal fit. I have a box full that I tried before finding one that fit me. Most of my bikes now are fitted with that saddle. It's a Brooks C-17 carved, this one fit and I like them because they are waterproof and don't need any break in time in the saddle.

Good luck in the search of a comfortable saddle.

Oh, I did the same with shorts, I have a box full of shorts, I finally found a short that I can ride in all day, I'm not buying anything else.

Last edited by cyclist2000; 05-19-22 at 07:33 PM.