Old 06-13-22, 02:33 PM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2742 Post(s)
Liked 3,342 Times in 1,746 Posts
Oh thanks haha. I heard lots of "go David!"'s but that's somewhat to be expected given that its local and a lot of the community knows me.

My race was the 35+/40+ combined, and it was a bit of a confusing, chaotic race. We had 5 in the 35+ including myself and the two others spent a good chunk of time attacking OTF.

I wasn't feeling too great but spent a lot of time patrolling the front, covering moves, bridge attempts etc. With a bit over one (3.5 mile) lap to go I went on a hero attack that lasted for about 3 miles. The downhill rollers on the course are real hard to stay away on (esp solo) so I knew I'd get caught, but at least it gave my teammates some spots near the front with no obligation to chase. Best we managed was 3rd on the stage, so kinda meh, but still it was a fun race in hindsight.

We have the elite TTT next weekend and then I think I'm done racing road for the year. I ramped up my volume real quick after my knee issues late last year and I've been a bit behind on recovery and kinda fatigued. Looking forward to taking a more relaxed approach to training and racing for a few months, and preparing for a high Sierras backpacking trip in August - Evolution region including Mt Darwin and Mt Goddard.
Likes For TMonk: