View Single Post
Old 06-30-22, 09:22 AM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
Hope you don't have it. My wife and daughter both had it in winter but my son and I managed to avoid it. My mom had it a few weeks ago, and my dad managed not too. So it's no guarantee that spouses/family members are automatically going to get it.
So far so good. It wouldn't surprise me if I'm positive because I have a very minor sore throat but its nothing I'd think twice about if my wife wasn't sick. I take vitamin C, Spirulina, and a few other supplements in addition to walking in the sun to prevent this. Our big concern is our FIL, who has cancer and is basically in his last months. He was exposed a few days ago.

Originally Posted by Hermes
furiousferret I am sending you a no covid vibe. How was your Spain trip?

At Velo Sports Center last night for structured training. Warmup, accelerating kilo then 5x flying solo 500 meter sprints 10’ RBI. Fast legs.

I feel like I have returned to pre covid fitness and motivation conditions.

I have removed the GMR from my race schedule. If I race it, I have to add too much, IMO, hill climbing to my weekly work and my speed and max power are going to suffer. I really like that race and climb. Oh well. Of course, I can just show up “as is” and race it, suffer a lot and suck.
Spain was great, we did not like Madrid as much, but the art was great. Cadaques was beautiful, then we went to Sant Felieu (where we want to buy property) and then Barcelona. This time we had a car and driving around the country gives you more of a real world vibe. We got to see a lot more of the country and how people live. For Costa Brava standards, Sant Feliu de Guixols isn't the prettiest town but its near one of the most beautiful climbs in the world, (Sant Grau) is on the start of a 200-mile cycling loop through the Pyrenees, Catalunya, and France and is right next to all Girona's great rides.

The wife and I had big conflicts on the food, I wanted to eat at great restaurants all the time, she just wanted to eat when she's hungry. For me, I'm on such a diet restriction its a big deal, but she gets taken to dinner at great restaurants travelling for work, so it's just another Tuesday. Tapas are great, though, and surprisingly I only gained 2 pounds. That's not to say we didn't eat at great places, just not the premiere ones where you'd have to wait an extra hour or 2.

Cadaques

I might have to remove GMR as well, and maybe next month's races. While I have no symptoms the heart issues scare me to death, our friend had a heart attack after being at just 48 yo, and one of our local racers is on a pacemaker now. Both seem to be related to it. I've been hyper obsessed about winning a single race, but my health is more important, and I'm starting to finally learn that I'm not going to get the acceptance I'm looking for if that happens (growing up I got made fun of for being bad at sports, so I always thought winning would change that).

Last edited by furiousferret; 06-30-22 at 09:26 AM.
Likes For furiousferret: