View Single Post
Old 07-11-22, 02:35 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2515 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 531 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan Foote
Thanks, yes I sold our trikes a few years back basically due to a lack of a good place (at the time) to ride them. We live near a city with over 90 miles of golf cart path, but they were in a serious state of disrepair with root heave and potholes. Just about the moment I sold the trikes, they repaved them all.

To be fair, picking them up and loading them on the back of the truck was becoming a bit much as well. Riding them on the road here is out of the question. I don't even ride my DF out on the roads around here any longer. Too many people too obsessed with paying attention to the phone instead of the road and even worse, a higher propensity of people that even though they are paying attention would rather buzz and/or hit you just because. Unfortunately, a combination of factors has led to me not riding at all and being in the worst shape of my life right now.
I can bust on GA because every single member of my family (except me) lives there. I can't say I blame you for not wanting to ride a bike there but, if I lived there, I would (have to) ride a bike. And I would survive it. But, the real point here is: you don't seriously need me or anyone else to tell you that there are other ways of staying in shape besides riding a bike! A good rowing machine is cheaper than a good bike and is better exercise actually. When I ride a bike its to go somewhere. I haven't ridden a bike for fun, or for staying fit, in decades. I lift weights, Row and Elliptical machine so that I CAN ride an 11mi round trip in good time for commute purposes. The smallest efficiency apartment can have a rowing machine and/or elliptical machine, or treadmill for cardio and calorie management. I won't go down the rabbit hole of cardio exercise vs diet for calorie management. Now, you go do you, but I did my due diligence. You have heard the truth of your situation. Good luck.