rydabent
Banned

Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Tour II

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3352 Post(s)
Liked 1,056 Times in 635 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
I thought all your nonsense about df bikes was based on 60 years of riding, but now it's because of the bad behavior of two guys?!?!

I don't think you've ever ridden with drop bars. I rode 141 miles yesterday, what makes you think I did that in a racing tuck? There's this thing called "riding the hoods". Why don't you look that up? And, you do realize that df bikes also come with flat bars, right? You seem to be forgetting a lot.

If what you're trying to do here is advocating for riding bents, you're doing a terrible job. Why are you making this an either/or choice? You want to appeal to cycling enthusiasts, you stop telling us what our supposed problems are. We know what is or isn't true about that so when you insist on telling us how bad df bikes are, all you do is discredit yourself by saying a bunch of stupid untrue stuff. The real way you could make some headway here is to appeal to the n+1 attitude many cyclists have. There's no reason that getting a bent requires a person to give up their df bike, so why not focus on explaining what is good about bents without even referencing df bikes?
GhostRider62 does a whole lot better job of discussing the two types of bikes because a) he's honest and b) he doesn't try to convince people they have problems they don't actually have. I actually learn stuff reading his posts on the subject, and they don't start the pointless bickering you seem to specialize in.
Here again you would be wrong. Several of my first adult DF bikes had drop bars. However I spent most of my time on the "hoods". But even tho some would be racer boyz ride on the hoods with their seat jacked way up, their head is still well down, and strain to hold up their heads.

BTW I am not saying people should give up their DF bikes. A mountain bike HAS to be some form of a DF bike. If you have the money and can afford a stable of bikes, I am only suggesting one of them be a recumbent or a trike. But who was it that said that if he ever came home with a bent his wife was to shoot him???