Old 08-01-22, 11:58 AM
3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 305 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26481 Post(s)
Liked 10,448 Times in 7,248 Posts
Originally Posted by work4bike
are you talking about? Where in all my 4-posts on this thread did I address how emergency vehicles drive thru an intersection?

I have no problem with how emergency vehicles drive thru intersections, I've see it enough and seems to me, like they do a pretty good job at it; a much better than that cyclist.

...it began with this exchange, and gradually picked up downhill speed from there.

Originally Posted by Daniel4

Not siding with the cyclist but even ambulance drivers slow down at intersections with their sirens blaring.
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Not likely when the ambulance driver, or anybody else has the green light.
Here it is accelerating, approaching an intersection:

Did you slow down when you were driving in an emergency situation as you approached every intersection even when you had a green light and an apparent clear right of way? How slow did you go? How long would you have remained employed as a driver of an emergency response vehicle once the family of any of your passengers reported you for doing that?
What speed did you slow down to in order to assure that you wouldn't have to answer for possibly having any possible contact with something/anything that might come from somewhere/anywhere?

The question still stands - how much should drivers slow down when approaching and passing through every intersection with a green light and a clear right right of way?
Crawl though green lights? Not likely!

Any driver without flashing lights and sirens crawling through intersections dead slow even though they have a green light and a clear right of way can count on being rear ended by one of those other motorists driving too fast following too close and generally NOT PAYING ATTENTION!
And finally, at full escape velocity. Ground control to Major Tom.

A few posters recommend or allege that safety (or continued employment) dictates that good drivers slow down or even crawl through intersections dead slow, and it doesn't matter if the driver has a clear right of way. I

I would recommend that every motorist who makes a practice of driving like that be required to install emergency lights on their vehicle and keep them flashing at all times as a warning to other drivers to keep clear of the oh-so-cautious driver in front of them who may choose to slow down for no apparent reason, just like phantom braking in some defective cars. I would also affix a big sign like this to the back of my vehicle;

or maybe add a few hazardous material placards to keep all these "bad drivers" at a safe distance from my unexpected "slowing down" for whatever hazards I imagine could appear in any intersection.

Maybe blasting a super loud siren when approaching every intersection.will help at keeping anybody from getting too close.
Just the threads where some character wants to keep babbling like he used to in Trollheim; such as ranting on and on about driving his firetruck around and around and around, or sniping with snarky cute comments for the amusement of equally smug jokers.
You really can't make this stuff up. This is why, after all these years, I still enjoy teh Beikforooms.