View Single Post
Old 08-08-22, 08:42 PM
KPREN

Bikes: 2008 S Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon, 2016 E Fat Titanium Bike Custom built by me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts
Originally Posted by kracksmith
my stock 8ah battery using 21700 cells isn't cutting it with capacity riding in a ebike group ride. most has surons and they got minimum 20ah and most has high 30's ah. I need at least 20ah.

I'm deciding on either one of the 2 below. both are 50amp continuous which my controller needs and both are 52v 21ah (i'm sticking to only 52v for now). but one of them uses 3500 cells and the other one is 18650 cells. They both cost the same but which cells are more ideal over the other?

https://www.electrifybike.com/collec...bike-battery-1
https://lunacycle.com/52v-luna-direwolf-ebike-battery/
Been looking at this for better than a week but have not answered this post. To many bells and whistles going off about inconsistencies. I got hammered as mean by the last newbie I tried to help. He wanted confirmation instead of knowledge.
You want to ride with Sir Ron bikes you buds have, a ligit 40 mph, 2,500 watt light electric dirt bike. You have an 8 amp Hour battery with 21700 cells. No doubt PF technology. You have a 2,600 watt bike (52 V times 50 amps). Yes, even with PF technology you are going to sag that battery very fast and it will cut out trying to pull 50 amps and the battery will be very short lived.
You are looking at larger batteries with GA and E technology as replacements. GA and E technology will not put out the amps that PF technology will and those batteries will not sustain you any better. Think 20+ amp hour at least with PF technology and go play short hops with your bud on the OVR trails. Enjoy the battery while it lasts, high power and speed comes at a price. A real dirt bike is a hell of a lot cheaper overall.