View Single Post
Old 08-21-22, 02:07 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked 1,453 Times in 826 Posts
Another timely post for me. I had a day yesterday, fortunately, a lot of good with the not so good. I went down a highway I usually avoid due to distracted drivers and a lot of junk on the shoulder. I have had more flats on that stretch of road, over the years, than anywhere else. I had a flat halfway to where I turn, found I did not have my CO2 , and I missed a small shard of glass in the tire, ergo, flatted my spare. I could not feel the glass, but saw it from the outside, then felt it with the tire more stretched inside out. I had patches and a pump, but I walked 3/4 mile to a bike shop and bought a tube. I went to change the tube and realized I had left the lever on the ground. I can get the tires off without one, but it is a chore and hard on my hands, especially left thumb. No big deal, went back inside and borrowed a lever and a floor pump.
The good part is it not a big deal, spring 2020 was the last time I had multi flats on a ride. Also, really nice, was the number of cyclists, and a few drivers, that took the time to ask if I needed help. I do the same, when/if I can, and it is quite nice to be on the receiving end