View Single Post
Old 08-27-22, 12:20 AM
Hi_c

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jpbiking
Here are my two main multitracks. Both are from 1992 and the white is a 750, the blue a 790. They are both on 42mm tires and the white one sees my cruising/townie rides while the blue one sees the gravel, bikepacking and some trail rides. Out of all of my bikes these see 95%+ of the miles I put in and are my favorite bikes that I've ridden to date.

Although I had ridden steel treks before (90s mtbs) I finally got into multitracks after I bought/built up a lugged 520 for my wife that was large enough for me to ride also. The feel of that bike sent me down the rabbit trail that led me to the early multitracks. I've also got a tig 730 that's being built up as an e-bike, a 970 that has made a great cruiser for my wife and an early 80s 614 which shares a lot with the later lugged frames and is a blast as a gravel/road bike. None of those match the nice balance of fit, ride quality, feel and sturdiness of these multitracks though.
I scored a 1984 Trek 520 some years back from a thrift store and have built it up as a gravel bike with mustache bars and a 1x9 drivetrain. I had not ridden it since 2019 and recently broke it back out. The excellent ride quality and it inspired me to pick up a 1991 750 which I’ll post as soon as I pass 10 posts!
Likes For Hi_c: