View Single Post
Old 08-30-22, 09:00 AM
t2p

Bikes: Cannondale - Gary Fisher - Giant - Litespeed - Schwinn Paramount - Schwinn (lugged steel) - Trek OCLV

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked 2,037 Times in 1,154 Posts
Originally Posted by look566 rider
Ok... so Pedal PGH, excuse me!

Successfully rode 62 mile route! Little over 4100 feet of climbing. Was a great time, friendly riders of all types. Families, groups and single riders from other cities. Out of 62 miles we only had two drivers get rudish with us! Had many, many drivers accommodating us letting groups of riders pass thru at intersections with friendly waves.

Uphills were a grind but great for a guy that struggles to get more than 600 feet in 25 miles locally.

Another reason we enjoy this type of ride is seeing the large variety of bike types, brands and set ups. Didn't ask 'em what route they were on, but saw several single gear riders. Around 5 recumbents (including two tandem 'bents!) and one BMX bike rider (younger guy). Plus a rider who actually looked like he just got off work, put his rider number on and started riding, blue jeans, work shirt and steel toe boots.

Had a great pre-ride dinner at Giorgio's Place on Western Ave. Scratch made pasta and meat sauce, garlic bread w/pesto & cheese, awesome!

Cheers!
nice !

did the route include Mt Troy rd ?

one of my fav climbs - liked it so much I would do repeats