Old 09-02-22, 09:18 AM
Andy Antipas 

Bikes: too many old steel bikes

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked 940 Times in 177 Posts
1985 Record Restoration Complete

I bought the frame from an Italian eBayer with the SR seat post and Record BB. The seat post is good. The BB was junk. I probably have 6 or more hours cleaning 37 years of dirt and grime off the thing. There are a fair number of scratches on the anodized tubes, but it looks good from 5 feet away. I used as many of the parts as I had on hand to build it except for the CLB brake calipers and the new spokes. The bike was sold through a Roman bike shop called Battistini, which still appears to operate. They have a Facebook page and I sent them a note when I got the frame. I might send them a note with a photo of the finished bike. and see if they respond to that. The down tube decals were shot. I measured up the original down tube decals and I could always have new ones made. Other than the CLB brakes calipers, which are around 100 grams lighter than record brakes though not nearly as nicely made I didn’t use any weight weenie parts. I don’t know what year Dia-Compe came out with the aero levers, but I’m thinking around 1985 and are about period correct? I used yellow label Fiamme tubular rims. 19.4 pounds as shown. Ride report later today!

Likes For Andy Antipas: