Old 09-26-22, 07:05 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Part of the cost differential may be Conti's decision consolidate the S line and have only one flagship model, as opposed to tubeless and non-tubeless versions. In general, though, tires built to hookless spec to need to have tighter tolerances and tend to be a bit more expensive.

As far as that cut, it looks to be about borderline, IME, for a permeant sealant-only fix. I've had a few of those, right about 4-5mm, and would either just leave it or use a plug on it. Most of the time, it's just fine. One of my cuts like that, though, did re-open after about 1k miles, when I hit a sharp bump just right. It did reseal, losing about the same 25psi. It then went a few hundred miles more before another just-right hard bump made it re-open and re-seal again. At that point, it was towards the end of life, in terms of tread wear, so I just binned it. So yeah, it's probably fine, but if you want to be proactive about potentially avoiding another roadside inconvenience of topping off, you can plug it.
Likes For WhyFi: