View Single Post
Old 10-18-22, 11:20 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,784 Times in 2,576 Posts
Uhaul and Etrailer don't list a 2" for the Camry. I did find the 2" for the prius through etrailer. My going theory is lawyers are keeping most companies from making a 2" hitch for small cars, even though they are better for light duty tasks. I can't really disagree, people are reckless when it comes to moving things with their cars. Then again, any hitch is going to let you hook a too-big trailer to your car, so I'm not sure what the real concern is.

I have found 2" with the same weight ratings as the 1 1/4", so the whole concern over overloading the car seems misguided. They just hate bike racks. Someone on Prius chat said toyota didn't even want to say it was okay to put one of those hitch mounted flagpoles on a prius. Maybe the concern was aesthetic in that case. But as noted above, the prius is rated to tow in the EU and it's virtually the same car except for a few buttons. I thought Toyota gives a tow rating for current Priuses, but since I don't really want to tow anything, it's not much of a concern.

This is the company that makes 2" hitches for the Prius and some other small cars: https://torkliftcentral.com/ There is one on a Prius here in town.
The bike shop found one on ebay that was said to be 2", but they listed a part number for the easily available 1 1/4"

Last edited by unterhausen; 10-18-22 at 11:27 AM.
Likes For unterhausen: