Old 10-23-22, 10:31 AM
Viich
Hack

Bikes: TrueNorth CX bike, 88 Bianchi Strada (currently Sturmey'd), Yess World Cup race BMX, Pure Cruiser race BMX, RSD Mayor v3 Fatbike

Liked 208 Times in 144 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Are we still talking about the study, or another article that was interjected since?

Either way, one's own personal scenario isn't necessarily reflective of others - so while riding to school may be out of the question for you, it may not for others. There are also many families that can, do and would ride if the infrastructure existed. They may have fewer or older children, and live in an area that provides a shorter or more conducive route. Put simply, it's not impossible.

There are some great examples of this concept on an extremely popular level past even the average ride to school if you look up the bike trains that Sam Balto - a PE teacher in Portland - has helped lead.

-Kurt
Agree - we were a family that did the ride to school regularly (though admittedly, not every day, and not in deep winter), My wife and I rode with my boys to school when the older was 4 and riding the 2.5km no problem, younger was in a trailer at that point. Kept going, older one on his own bike, younger (less keen on cycling when young) on a trail-a-bike. I'd lock both and my wife would ride after school and pull the trail-a-bike with hers (Burley rack-attachment system was amazing)

We happen to have a great setup, most of the distance was on a pathway in an under-power-line green space, which is why it was do-able.
Likes For Viich: