View Single Post
Old 11-15-22, 08:40 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4495 Post(s)
Liked 4,174 Times in 2,795 Posts
Well it could be a bit of all of that. We hit a bit of a rough patch financially as a country and people aren't buying bikes as they used to. Plus a lot of people have been scared "you don't have bikes I read a thing somewhere nobody has bikes" when we actually do have bikes and have been getting bikes but it is still tough. A lot of manufacturers pushed for a big pre-order so that also caused more bikes to be in shops. I know we had to do a big one for one of the brands we sell and hooooooooweeeeeeeeee it was big and bigger than in previous years. The craze of the endemic turned a lot of the industry in a weird position and nobody really knew what was going to happen and so production ramped up and some of it went to far in one direction to over correct and it is hard to swing it all back.

Over the years I have seen more service in winter, I know I tell my customers come in when it is slow and you aren't riding as much get the bike tuned and ready so when that nice day comes you are riding while everyone else is in line at the shop. It has been paying off I think as more people are starting to realize how smart that is. I always laugh a little when those nice days hit and people are like "HOW LONG???" "WHAT DO YOU MEAN A WEEK???" as if nobody else had the idea to go riding that day because the weather was nice. People sometimes have such a disconnect to the world. We are humans we sadly think a lot a like sometimes so when the weather is nice and we are like why are so many people outside doing stuff or getting ready to go outside and do stuff, we should just realize, we are doing it so others will as well. "Wait you like chocolate too?"
Likes For veganbikes: