View Single Post
Old 11-17-22, 12:24 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Liked 1,047 Times in 679 Posts
Originally Posted by sjanzeir
So, I was staring at my old steelie the other day and reminiscing about my college days in 1990s Irbid, Jordan, and I had flashbacks about the many times that people - especially girls - made the assumption about me that I must be loaded for choosing to be commuting on such an expensive bike (which used to be a price-leader 10-speed at the time) instead of driving! What never occurred to a lot of people was that I cycled because I couldn't possibly afford to own a car, not to mention to rely solely on the chaotic public transit system. I always found the remark hilarious, and after a while, I stopped trying to correct people. Good times!
They think differently than you but, don't realize it. You rich guys think differently from the rest of us. They think you probably have a BMW to commute to work since you have such a nice bike. And nowadays, a gym membership to stay in shape.